Section One – Legal Disclaimers:
1. The concept behind “Applying Permaculture Wisely” does not indicate that we are, nor do we purport ourselves to be, the end-all be-all “correct” way of applying Permaculture. Yes, we attempt to design wisely, but there is always more to learn, always another perspective and always another connection that can be made in a design. We want to promote the wise implementation of Permaculture design, not claim that we are the only ones who do so.
2. The Permasapien website is full of “How-To” information, mostly centered around a more common theme of “This is what we are trying” or “This is how we did it” and even some “Look how they are doing it” pieces of information. None of these examples are provided with the intent to guarantee you the same results that we have. What you do on your own property is a risk you take on yourself. If you are not comfortable taking the risk yourself, please seek out a professional certified consultant before you proceed.
3. While I am a certified Permaculture instructor, I cannot adequately provide you consultation through blogs, videos and podcasts, which are general in nature. Your site needs to be individually evaluated by a designer.
4. Myself and my wife are the only people running this website and all of its content. We make every attempt to validate all information we provide you. However, our resources are limited. Should you feel we provided incorrect information, we welcome your input. If we feel your input is a valid point that should be brought to the attention of our viewers, we will do so. You can reach us through the contact form.
5. Should you cite any information, in any form, from our website, you take the same risk that we do if you do not check the facts yourself before perpetuating the information you share. Do not presume that we are right in order to use our information to prove that you are right.
Section Two – Distribution Policy
1. Permasapien is provided, free for use, to all audiences. Podcasts and other formats are available for download or replicated for your own personal use.
2. Non-commercial distribution of information from this website from short segments to entire episodes or even many episodes is not only acceptable, it is encouraged. If you want to create CDs, DVDs, MP3s, MP4s, etc., and hand them out for no charge, that is acceptable. This information is freely given with the understanding that you advise recipients to read this page of our website to ensure they are aware of our disclaimers.
3. Commercial use of any recorded (audio or video) is limited to 120 seconds of content per segment and requires the user to note Permasapien, including the URL www.permasapien.com, as the source of the content. If you wish to obtain the rights to more content please contact us through the contact form.
Section Four – Comments, Forums and Free Speech
1. Free Speech is the the guarantee that the government cannot take action against you for expression your opinion. This is not a government website. We reserve the right to remove comments that are inappropriate or detrimental to the positive movement behind the website and its content.
2. In spite of item #1 above I try to make discussion available and uncensored. 99% of comments are approved unless they are SPAM comments or use what can only be called “hate speech”. Racial slurs, for instance, are not tolerated nor is hateful language about anyone’s religion or sexual orientation.
3. You can use the following guidelines to ensure that your comment is approved:
- Contribute constructively to the conversation.
- Avoid anything that can be read as a personal attack on other people posting to the site.
- In short, it is generally clear when statements are bigoted or hateful and such comments are not allowed at the discretion of the site owner and or his designated moderators.
4. We do, and will continue to, reserve the right to publish or delete any comment we choose.
5. All comments are moderated on the blog until the poster has made a few comments that are deemed appropriate. If your comment does not show up right away don’t worry, we will get to it. All comments require a legitimate email address to be provided by the commenter. Your email address is used to notify you of responses to your comments or if the site owners need to contact you. It does not place you on a mailing list and is never shared with the public or any other company or entity.
6. Commenters that get on a power trip and continue to “beat a dead horse” or start trying to cause arguments with the host or others just to be argumentative are considered trolls. Negative comments about any content, a guest, the host, etc. are permitted and even encouraged but once made they have been heard and your point has been made. In short, trolls and people who want attention and never offer anything constructive to a conversation. Trolls will be banned.
7. The use of well known mass market proxy servers are the hallmark of spammers and those whom have already been banned from the site. Such use will likely prevent comments from ever showing up. Like most Word Press Blogs we use Akismet to filter our spam. If you are using proxies many times your comment will go into spam and are automatically deleted. If you use a proxy then you accept this risk.
Section Four – Affiliations
1. We are affiliated with many websites, such as Amazon.com. At times we may provide links through our affiliates to products we discuss. Should you purchase the product we receive a portion of your purchase. There is no additional cost to you for purchasing the product through our link. Consider it your way of helping support our efforts by using these affiliate links.